Certificate in Administrative Skills (CAS)
This APIIT Certificate in Administrative Skills (CAS) is designed to provide:
- Strong communication, leadership and administrative skills as well as the necessary fundamental knowledge to take on this challenging and ever changing business world.
- Opportunities for progression into Diploma programmes or to embark on a career in administration, marketing, accounting, human resources and application of IT.
16 Months (3 Semesters)
RM 18, 400.00
Total: Malaysian - RM 15,850 | International - RM 18,400
• 22 Nov 2021
1 Credit at SPM level with a minimum of a pass in Bahasa Malaysia and Sejarah (History);
1 Credits (Grade C & above) at IGCSE/O-Levels;
1 Credit (Grade B & above) at UEC;
A qualification that APIIT accepts as equivalent to the above.
Malaysian Students who do not possess a Pass in English at SPM/IGCSE/UEC; will be required to sit for the APU English Placement Test, and based on the outcome of the test may be required to attend the APU Intensive English Programme (IEP) prior to commencement of the Foundation/Diploma/Certificate programme.
Please note that under Ministry of Higher Education regulations, only students who have achieved the minimum requirement in the English Language proficiency assessment as indicated above will be allowed to continue their studies in the main study programme. Students who do not have the required English Language achievement may apply for a student visa on conditional basis and are allowed to enrol in an English Language Certification programme at APU upon arrival in Malaysia and, subsequently, appear for the IELTS/TOEFL/PTE/MUET assessment.
Students who are unable to obtain the required level of English Competency during the maximum 12 months’ period, will not be allowed to pursue their studies in the main programme and will have to return to their home country.
Students from English speaking countries and those with qualifications taught in English (IGCSE, A-Levels, IB, American High School Diploma etc) are exempted from English requirements. Applications for exemption must be accompanied by supporting documents.
Note: The above entry requirements may differ for specific programmes based on the latest programme standards published by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
The qualification and entry requirements for the programmes will be determined based on the "Comparison List of Equivalency of International Qualifications with SPM (O-Levels equivalent) and STPM (A-Levels equivalent)" published by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
- Basic Mathematics
- Fundamental IT Skills
- Youth Development
- Introduction to Managing Business
- Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship
- Introduction to Statistics
- Introduction to Multimedia Application
- Business English
- Personal Skills
- Basic Accounting
- Ethics at Workplace
- Basic Finance
- Purchasing Inventory
- Book-Keeping & Accounting Software
- Payroll Preparation
- Basic Marketing Skills
- Office Administrative Skills
* In addition to the above, all students are also required to successfully complete General Studies modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency, as well as fulfill credit requirements for Co-curricular activities.
Upon successful completion of this programme, you will be eligible to progress into any of the following diploma programmes offered at APU:
- Diploma in Business Administration
- Diploma in Business with Information Technology
- Diploma in Accounting**
- Diploma in Design and Media
- Diploma in International Studies
** Students Progressing to Diploma in Accounting is required to have Credit Pass in Mathematics at SPM / ’O’ Levels.
Note: Students who have successfully completed the Certificate Programme may be allowed to transfer credits into the respective Diploma Programmes subject to general terms of credit transfer policy and as a result may be allowed to commence the Diploma directly from semester two.