National Higher Education Fund / Perbadanan Tabung Pendidikan Tinggi Nasional (PTPTN)
The National Higher Education Fund / PTPTN was established under the National Higher Education Act 1997 (Act 566) with the main objectives to provide loans to eligible students at higher learning institutions, provide saving schemes, and manage funds for higher education.
Download PTPTN Guideline 2021
In order to apply for PTPTN loan, the student has to meet the following criteria:
- Malaysia citizen
- Age below 45 years old
- Programme duration must be more than 1 year (Non Engineering Degree Level 3 student are not eligible to apply)
- Registered and started the intake
- Student with Full Scholarship coverage by any Organization/Body is not eligible to apply
- Loan is not provided for Foundation Programme
- Loan is only available for FULL TIME programme
Guidelines how to apply PTPTN LOAN online application
2. Student required to open SSPN-i Account (Skim Simpanan Pendidikan Nasional) at https://www.ptptn.gov.my/esmas-open-acc-web/#/openAccount (min deposit RM20.00).
3. Student required to get PIN Number for PTPTN application at https://www.ptptn.gov.my/elmas-pin-purchase-web/#/register or purchase at any BSN counter.
4. Student may proceed to apply online at https://www.ptptn.gov.my/ionline/#/login following the submission schedule as below :-
- 1st MAY until 31st MAY 2021 (1st Batch)
- 1st JUNE until 30th JUNE 2021 (2nd Batch)
- 1st OCTOBER until 31st OCTOBER 2021 (1st Batch)
- 1st NOVEMBER until 30th NOVEMBER 2021 (2nd Batch)
5. Students are advised to check the details thoroughly before submission. Please do not hesitate to come and see the respective person in charge for PTPTN (Mr. Hafiz / Ms. Nor Firdaus / Mr. Fahmi) at Student Services or email email@example.com.
6. Kindly check the status of your PTPTN online application pre-approval 5-7 working days after the closing date of submission.
7. Students are required to accept the PTPTN loans offer in the online system and printing out the hardcopy documents.
8. Student will be informed accordingly for the hardcopies and supporting documents submission which will be announced in Webspace after getting the pre-approval.
Course fee payment options
- Students who are in the process of applying for PTPTN loan shall be registered under full, semester or monthly instalment fee payment scheme. Student who choose monthly instalment scheme are required to pay the initial fee and must continue paying their monthly instalment dues as usual until PTPTN application is approved.
- By the date of PTPTN loan disbursement, if students have an overdue course fee, payments from PTPTN will be transferred to APU account via direct debit.
- Estimated time to get the first payment upon PTPTN pre-approval is around 2 months.
- PTPTN will only disburse the payment for student who obtained minimum GPA 2.00 and above for every semester.
- Students who failed to get the GPA 2.00 will not receive the PTPTN loan and will have to make own arrangement to pay for the course fees.
- Payment schedule for PTPTN disbursement is only twice a year (June & November for every year).
Supporting documents – after getting online pre-approval
- 2 duty stamps – RM10 each (purchase from any Post Office).
- Complete the agreements 2 set (sign and write date on the required fields-use black ball pen for both).
- Date must be same for both agreements.
- Leave it blank for Saksi Section.
- Offer Letter – which will be prepared by APU PTPTN staff.
- CIMB Account book / statement copy/ bank slip when opening CIMB account (if the account number is different with the PTPTN online submission).
For more information please email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the following person in charge :
Mr. Hafiz / Mr. Fahmi 03-8992 5028
Ms. Nor Fidaus 03-8992 5113
Perbadanan Tabung Pendidikan Tinggi Nasional (PTPTN)
Tingkat Bawah, Menara PTPTN,
Blok D, Megan Avenue II,
No.12, Jalan Yap Kwan Seng,
50450 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: 03 - 20804455