Ba (Hons) in Marketing Management with a specialism in Digital Marketing
APU-DMU DUAL DEGREE PROGRAMME
Students who are under Bachelor’s Degree Programme will have the option to opt-in for the APU-DMU Dual Degree Scheme. Under this Scheme, students will receive 2 Degree Certificates & Transcripts upon graduation: 1 from Asia Pacific University (APU), Malaysia and 1 from De Montfort University (DMU), UK.
To know more about APU-DMU Dual Scheme, please click HERE.
This programme is specifically designed to provide students with:
- An understanding of theories and concepts that underpin effective marketing and the practical skills required to commence a dynamic career in digital marketing.
- A comprehensive understanding of frameworks and strategic planning techniques for the management of business information analytics in the marketing arena.
- Familiarity with a broad range of digital marketing technologies and how they are applied in practically infused digitized settings.
- The ability to critically evaluate and recommend appropriate digital tools and techniques in utilising the plethora of social media platforms in optimizing market potential.
MORE THAN JUST A MARKETING MANAGEMENT DEGREE
APU's BA (Hons) in Marketing Management with a specialism in Digital Marketing degree is designed to provide you an edge with the latest technologies that are in line with the Industrial Revolution 4.0.
RM 28, 200.00
RM 29, 000.00
RM 29, 800.00
RM 28, 600.00
RM 29, 700.00
RM 29, 900.00
Total: Malaysian - RM 87,000 | International - RM 88,200
• 31 May 2021
• 21 Sep 2021
Degree awarded by APU, Malaysia
|DIRECT ENTRY TO LEVEL 1 OF THE DEGREE:|
|STPM||• 2 Passes in STPM with a minimum Grade C (GP 2.0) and a Pass in English and Mathematics at SPM Level or its equivalent.|
|A-LEVEL||• 2 Passes in A-Level with a Pass in English and Mathematics at SPM/O-Level/IGCSE or its equivalent.|
|UEC||• 5 Grade B’s in UEC with a Pass in Mathematics and English.|
|MATRICULATION/ FOUNDATION||• Passed Foundation programme (minimum CGPA of 2.0).|
|DIRECT ENTRY TO LEVEL 2 OF THE DEGREE:|
|DIPLOMA||• Successful completion of the APU/APIIT Diploma or
• Successful completion of studies in another recognised institute with academic credits equivalent to Level 1 of an Honours Degree (Subject to the approval of the APU/APIIT Academic Board)
* The requirement to pass Mathematics and English subjects at STPM, A-Level and UEC can be waived should the qualifications contain Mathematics and English subjects with equivalent/higher achievement.
||• IELTS : 5.5
• TOEFL IBT : 46-59
• Pearson (PTE) : 42
• MUET : Band 4
Note: The above entry requirements may differ for specific programmes based on the latest programme standards published by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
The qualification and entry requirements for the programmes will be determined based on the "Comparison List of Equivalency of International Qualifications with SPM (O-Levels equivalent) and STPM (A-Levels equivalent)" published by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
DEGREE LEVEL 1
Students will learn fundamental essential skills required by every business management professional, and the basic understanding of the context within which business operate – Management, Law, Accounting, Economics, Entrepreneurship, Marketing, People Management and Accounting. We will also expose them towards business & communication skills, computing & IT skills, quantitative skills and independent learning. All Business Management programmes have a common first year so that they are exposed to solid grounding in business management theories and practices.
- Introduction to Management
- Accounting Skills
- Business and Communications Skills
- Business Economics
- Business Law
- Digital Thinking and Innovation
- Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship
- People Management
- Quantitative Skills
DEGREE LEVEL 2
A broader range of skills will be learnt, in which students will gain a better understanding of the broad range of digital tools, and the specialized skills to apply frameworks and planning techniques for the interactive digital marketing. They will gain solid understanding of the support of digital marketing in modern organizational operations. We will further nurture their creativity and innovation as well as independent learning to prepare them for the digitally spherical marketing environments.
- Business Ethics and Governance
- Creativity and Innovation
- International Culture and Communications
- Business Research Methods
- Integrated Marketing Communications 1
- B2B Marketing
- Delivering Customer Value
- Consumer Behaviour
- Marketing Intelligence and Research
- Digital Marketing
- Probability & Statistical Modelling
- Human-Computer Interaction
INTERNSHIP (16 WEEKS)
Students will undertake a short Internship/ Industrial Training for a minimum period of 16 weeks to prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the working environment.
DEGREE LEVEL 3
Students will make use of their previous studies and industrial experience to extend their familiarity of digital marketing strategies, discovering new opportunities, exploiting competitive advantage and decision making processes, with aims to groom them as digitally savvy marketing specialist. A final year project requires them to take a hands on digital marketing project so as to apply all the expertise and skills acquired from both the classroom and internship settings. The successful completion of the final year project is a testament of the student’s ability to face the major digital marketing scenarios with confidence and dexterity.
- Brand Management
- Building Customer Relationship
- Global Marketing
- Innovation Management and New Product Development
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Investigations in Marketing Management
- Marketing Decision Making
- Marketing Management Project
- Strategic Marketing Planning
- Behavioural Science & Marketing Analytics
- Enabling Technologies for Digital Marketing
Note: The specialism will appear only in the academic transcript.
MQA Compulsory Subjects*
- Ethnic Relations (M’sian Students)
- Islamic & Asian Civilisation (M’sian Students)
- Malaysian Studies (Int’l Students)
- Malay Communication Language (Int’l Students)
- Workplace Professional Communication Skills
- Employee & Employment Trends
(*All students are required to successfully complete these modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency)
- Digital Marketing Executive
- Social Media Strategist
- Digital Marketing Content Writer
- Digital Sales and Marketing Manager
- Online Business Manager
- Mobile Marketing Specialist
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Specialist
- Account Management
- Web Analytics Consultant
- Web Content Management Analyst
- Digital Creative Diagnostics Manager
- Digital Marketing Communications Specialist
The increasing reliance on technology has changed the world all around us. Today, most organisations in every sector are migrating online, thereby, giving rise to Digital Marketing. Small-scale businesses to giants in the business world have realised that Digital Marketing is the most effective approach to bring their businesses to the right audience while accelerating business growth. With the COVID-19 pandemic disrupting most business operations, employers are also now actively seeking skilled employees with the right digital expertise to help drive business objectives such as revenue and brand awareness for their organisations.
Digital Marketing specialism will provide students with knowledge about a broad range of digital marketing technologies and how they are applied in practically infused digitized settings. As the future Digital Marketing experts, they will also be exposed to appropriate digital marketing tools and techniques that professionals need to stay updated with the evolving digital marketing trends.
WHY ARE BRANDS SHIFTING TO DIGITAL MARKETING?