Ba (Hons) in International Relations
APU-DMU DUAL DEGREE PROGRAMME
Students who are under Bachelor’s Degree Programme will have the option to opt-in for the APU-DMU Dual Degree Scheme. Under this Scheme, students will receive 2 Degree Certificates & Transcripts upon graduation: 1 from Asia Pacific University (APU), Malaysia and 1 from De Montfort University (DMU), UK.
To know more about APU-DMU Dual Scheme, please click HERE.
MORE THAN JUST AN INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS DEGREE
You have the exciting opportunity of enrolling for the APU-CMI Dual Accreditation by registering for a qualification through APU. Students under BA (Hons) in International Relations will have the option to also opt-in for a CMI L5 Award in Management and Leadership which will be awarded subject to moderation by CMI.
This programme is specifically designed to provide students with:
- Familiarity with a broad range of theoretical and conceptual framework of international relations and how they are applied.
- Exposure to global political, economy and sustainability issues and to provide solutions through critical debate.
- Practical and academic skills which include independent judgement, self-reflection, effective communication and an ability to work in teams and with diverse stakeholders.
Expose yourselves to global political, economy and sustainability issues and grow throughout your journey @ APU to become an International Relations graduate who is ready to take on the world. If you are interested in current affairs, global issues and are motivated to provide solutions to tackle the world's problems, the BA (Hons) International Relations is the right programme for you.
It will be an enriching journey as you learn about global affairs through debates, film studies, discussions, reports as well as studying the latest new reports. Build connections for your future careers as diplomats, journalists, politicians, reporters etc., and get ready to become future world leaders.
Key Elements of the APU International Relations Programme
3 Years (6 Semesters)
RM 25, 400.00
RM 25, 800.00
RM 26, 800.00
RM 28, 600.00
RM 29, 700.00
RM 29, 900.00
Total: Malaysian - RM 78,000 | International - RM 88,200
• 08 Mar 2022
• 08 Jun 2022
• 21 Sep 2022
Degree awarded by APU, Malaysia
|DIRECT ENTRY TO LEVEL 1 OF THE DEGREE:|
|STPM||• 2 Passes in STPM with a minimum Grade C (GP 2.0) and a Credit in English at SPM Level or its equivalent.|
|A-LEVEL||• 2 Passes in A-Level in any 2 subjects, and a Credit in English at SPM/O-Level/IGCSE or its equivalent.|
|UEC||• 5 Grade B’s in UEC including English.|
|MATRICULATION/ FOUNDATION||• Passed Foundation programme (minimum CGPA of 2.0) with a Credit in English at SPM/O-Level/IGCSE or equivalent.|
|DIRECT ENTRY TO LEVEL 2 OF THE DEGREE:|
|DIPLOMA||• A Diploma and its equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.0 and a Credit in English at SPM/O-Level/IGCSE or its equivalent.|
||• IELTS : 5.0
• TOEFL IBT : 34
• Pearson (PTE) : 36
• MUET : Band 3
Note: The above entry requirements may differ for specific programmes based on the latest programme standards published by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
The qualification and entry requirements for the programmes will be determined based on the "Comparison List of Equivalency of International Qualifications with SPM (O-Levels equivalent) and STPM (A-Levels equivalent)" published by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
DEGREE LEVEL 1
Students will be equipped with knowledge and understanding of historical events and global development in the field of international relations. Besides, students will also be exposed to political ideologies, issues in world politics, the impact of major revolutions in international affairs as well as the issues related to sustainability and environmental politics.
- Introduction to International Relations
- Malaysia and the World
- Introduction to Politics
- Film Studies and International Relations
- Introduction to Globalisation 4.0
- Revolutions, Popular Uprising and Social Movement in World Politics
- Global Comparative Politics
- Introduction to Sustainability and Environmental Politics
DEGREE LEVEL 2
Students will be exposed to the theoretical and conceptual framework of the discipline, the role of international organisations, the inequality in the global economy, the role of small power in politics and environmental policies. Year 2 provides a broad overview of major theoretical debates, political issues and key developments in international relations using academic sources and official documents. Students will also be introduced to analytical skills of comparison and develop familiarity and competence in using the skills to inform their understanding in both written and oral presentation.
- Key Theories of International Relations
- International Organisations
- International Political Economy
- ASEAN Regionalism
- Themes and Debates of International Relations Theory
- Small Power Politics
- Environmental Policy, Legislation & Regulation
- Research Methods in International Relations
INTERNSHIP (16 WEEKS)
Students will undertake an Internship/Industrial Training for a minimum period of 16 weeks to prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the working environment.
DEGREE LEVEL 3
Students will make use of their learning from previous semesters and industrial experience to extend their familiarity in the field of international relations and refine it with their personal and professional development. A final year project requires them to investigate and provide solutions for a real-world problem - they will demonstrate their ability to combine fundamental knowledge, critical thinking and analytical skills to produce a personal achievement portfolio.
- International Security
- Global Diplomacy
- Transnational Organised Crime
- Investigations Module
- Conflict Analysis and Resolution
- Refugees and Immigrants
- Sustainable Development Policy and Issues
- Project Module
MQA Compulsory Subjects*
- Ethnic Relations (M’sian Students)
- Islamic & Asian Civilisation (M’sian Students)
- Malaysian Studies (Int’l Students)
- Malay Communication Language (Int’l Students)
- Workplace Professional Communication Skills
- Employee & Employment Trends
(*All students are required to successfully complete these modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency)
- Intelligence Analyst
- Military Officer
- Political Analyst
- Communication Specialist
- NGO Worker
- Social Worker
- International Organisation Officer
- Multinational Corporation Executive
- Policy Officer