BA (Hons) in Digital Advertising
APU-DMU DUAL DEGREE PROGRAMME
Students who are under Bachelor’s Degree Programme will have the option to opt-in for the APU-DMU Dual Degree Scheme. Under this Scheme, students will receive 2 Degree Certificates & Transcripts upon graduation: 1 from Asia Pacific University (APU), Malaysia and 1 from De Montfort University (DMU), UK.
To know more about APU-DMU Dual Scheme, please click HERE.
MORE THAN JUST A DIGITAL ADVERTISING DEGREE
APU's BA (Hons) in Digital Advertising degree is designed to provide you an edge with the latest technologies that are in line with the Industrial Revolution 4.0.
This programme is specifically designed to provide:
- Digital advertising knowledge and production discipline, through advertising principles, account planning and creative applications for production.
- Current theory and principles to apply skills in the effective development of advertising campaigns together with its required collaterals and measurement of effectiveness.
- Logical and analytical skills to identify major issues affecting the global advertising industry in terms of media planning, content distribution and strategies in the consideration of the outcome of a final major digital advertising project.
Whether you want to work in a creative team, be a copywriter, account planner or brand manager, you will gain vital hands-on experience that is highly attractive to future employers.
The Bachelor of Arts in Digital Advertising is based on a 360° approach to creative and strategic advertising for the digital ecosystem. This programme is designed to:
- Broaden the understanding and knowledge of digital advertising technology, concept creation, and creative thinking to enhance the ability to apply this knowledge in the industries.
- Gaining in-depth knowledge of digital advertising technologies to further develop competence and ability to apply them as an integral part of the programme.
You’ll be taught by an experienced programme team, and work with associate tutors who are current creative directors and agency practitioners. Industry placements and agency visits will also be added to your development. You’ll learn how to create advertising campaigns by studying key areas of creative thinking, strategy and planning as well as idea generation, integrated communications, art direction and copywriting.
3 Years (6 Semesters)
RM 26, 000.00
RM 27, 500.00
RM 28, 300.00
RM 28, 600.00
RM 29, 700.00
RM 29, 900.00
Total: Malaysian - RM81,800 | International - RM 88,200
• 21 Apr 2021
• 31 May 2021
Degree awarded by APU, Malaysia
|DIRECT ENTRY TO LEVEL 1 OF THE DEGREE:
|STPM||• A Pass in STPM with a minimum Grade C (GP 2.00) in any 2 subjects.|
|A-LEVEL||• 2 Passes in A-Level.|
|UEC||• 5 Grade B’s in UEC.|
|MATRICULATION/ FOUNDATION||• A Pass in Matriculation or Foundation studies with minimum CGPA of 2.00.|
|DIRECT ENTRY TO LEVEL 2 OF THE DEGREE:|
|• A Diploma in Design & Media or equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.50. Candidates with CGPA below 2.50 but above 2.00 may be admitted subject to a rigorous internal interview or submitting a relevant portfolio.|
|PORTFOLIO||Note: All applicants will be individually assessed via a portfolio, interview including drawing.|
Equivalent qualification and / or experience which is recognised by the Senate / institution.
|INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS||• IELTS : 5.0
• TOEFL IBT : 35-45
• Pearson (PTE) : 36
• MUET : Band 3
Please note that under Ministry of Higher Education regulations, only students who have achieved the minimum requirement in the English Language proficiency assessment as indicated above will be allowed to continue their studies in the main study programme. Students who do not have the required English Language achievement may apply for a student visa on conditional basis and are allowed to enrol in an English Language Certification programme at APU upon arrival in Malaysia and, subsequently, appear for the IELTS/TOEFL/PTE/MUET assessment
Students who are unable to obtain the required level of English Competency during the maximum 12 months’ period, will not be allowed to pursue their studies in the main programme and will have to return to their home country
Students from English speaking countries and those with qualifications taught in English (IGCSE, A-Levels, IB, American High School Diploma etc) are exempted from English requirements. Applications for exemption must be accompanied by supporting documents.
Note: The above entry requirements may differ for specific programmes based on the latest programme standards published by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
The qualification and entry requirements for the programmes will be determined based on the "Comparison List of Equivalency of International Qualifications with SPM (O-Levels equivalent) and STPM (A-Levels equivalent)" published by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
DEGREE LEVEL 1
Students will learn fundamental skills in relation to Digital Advertising practices. The modules offered will introduce students to areas pertaining to creative skills required in Digital Advertising. To develop students understanding of Digital Advertising practices, modules focusing on Marketing Fundamentals and Project Management will develop essential critical thinking skills.
- Trends and Visual Thinking
- Motion Graphics
- Creative Project
- Project Management
- Digital Illustration
- Introduction to Graphic Design
- Principles of Advertising
- Client Brief Concept
- Marketing Fundamentals, Consumer Behaviorand Creative Practice
DEGREE LEVEL 2
A broader range of skills will be learnt, in which students will gain a better understanding of traditional areas of Advertising practices, culture and agency management. Students will also delve into content creation practices to further develop skills in creative production for Digital Advertising through copywriting, film and media planning.
- From Script to Screen
- Digital Film Production
- Creativity and Innovation
- Visual Culture
- Advertising: Industry, Culture and Practice
- Professional Practice: Client and Agency Management
- Brand Strategy and Application
- Advertising: Media Planning and Purchasing
- Digital and Experiential Advertising
- Copywriting and Creative Direction
INTERNSHIP (16 WEEKS)
Students will undertake a short Internship/ Industrial Training for a minimum period of 16 weeks to prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the working environment.
DEGREE LEVEL 3
Students will make use of their previous studies and industrial experience to learn about the strategic and global perspectives of Digital Advertising, with aims to groom them as leaders in the field. More focus will be given to relevant future skill sets in the areas of Digital Advertising Analytics as well as Integrated Marketing Communications to enable students to fully encompass the requirements of the global Digital Advertising industry.
- Research Project Report
- Exhibition Design
- Design Futures
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Digital Advertising: Individual Professional Project
- Digital Advertising Analytics
- Digital Advertising: Team Professional Project
MQA Compulsory Subjects*
- Ethnic Relations (M’sian Students)
- Islamic & Asian Civilisation (M’sian Students)
- Malaysian Studies (Int’l Students)
- Malay Communication Language (Int’l Students)
- Workplace Professional Communication Skills
- Employee & Employment Trends
(*All students are required to successfully complete these modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency)
- Digital Advertising Executive
- Digital Content Creator
- Brand Communicator
- Marketing Executive
- Media Planner
- Account Manager
- Social Media Executive
- Visual Designer
- Art Director