BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with a specialism in Digital Transformation
APU-DMU Dual Degree Programme
Students who are under Bachelor’s Degree Programme will have the option to opt-in for the APU-DMU Dual Degree Scheme. Under this Scheme, students will receive 2 Degree Certificates & Transcripts upon graduation: 1 from Asia Pacific University (APU), Malaysia and 1 from De Montfort University (DMU), UK.
To know more about APU-DMU Dual Scheme, please click HERE.
This programme is specifically designed to provide students with:
- A broad range of digital technologies and platforms for digital business transformation and nurture digital leaders or entrepreneurs for the future economic.
- Necessary knowledge and contents on the most in-demand skills in digital leadership, namely digital transformation, marketing, analytics, finance and execution.
3 Years (6 Semesters)
RM 28, 200.00
RM 29, 000.00
RM 29, 800.00
RM 28, 600.00
RM 29, 700.00
RM 29, 900.00
Total: Malaysian - RM 87,000 | International - RM 88,200
• 23 Nov 2021
Degree awarded by APU, Malaysia
|DIRECT ENTRY TO LEVEL 1 OF THE DEGREE:|
|STPM||• 2 Passes in STPM with minimum Grade C (GP 2.0) in any subject with a Credit in Mathematics at SPM.|
Overseas qualification that are equivalent to 12th Grade/A Level/HSC are accepted.
|• 2 Passes in A-Level and with a Credit in Mathematics at SPM/O-Level/IGCSE or equivalent.|
|UEC||• 5 Grade B Passes in UEC in any subjects including Mathematics.|
|• A pass in Matriculation or Foundation studies with minimum CGPA of 2.0 with a Credit in Mathematics at SPM/IGCSE/O-Level or its equivalent.|
|DIRECT ENTRY TO LEVEL 2 OF THE DEGREE:|
|ICT RELATED DIPLOMAS||• Diploma with a minimum CGPA of 2.50.
Note: Student with CGPA above 2.0 and below 2.5 may be accepted using rigorous assessment conducted by APU and subject to the approval of the Academic Board.
Any qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above.
|Bachelor (Hons) Degree Programmes||• IELTS : 5.0
• TOEFL IBT : 35-45
• Pearson (PTE) : 36
• MUET : Band 3
Please note that under Ministry of Higher Education regulations, only students who have achieved the minimum requirement in the English Language proficiency assessment as indicated above will be allowed to continue their studies in the main study programme. Students who do not have the required English Language achievement may apply for a student visa on conditional basis and are allowed to enrol in an English Language Certification programme at APU upon arrival in Malaysia and, subsequently, appear for the IELTS/TOEFL/PTE/MUET assessment.
Students who are unable to obtain the required level of English Competency during the maximum 12 months’ period, will not be allowed to pursue their studies in the main programme and will have to return to their home country.
Students from English speaking countries and those with qualifications taught in English (IGCSE, A-Levels, IB, American High School Diploma etc) are exempted from English requirements. Applications for exemption must be accompanied by supporting documents.
Note: The above entry requirements may differ for specific programmes based on the latest programme standards published by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
The qualification and entry requirements for the programmes will be determined based on the "Comparison List of Equivalency of International Qualifications with SPM (O-Levels equivalent) and STPM (A-Levels equivalent)" published by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
DEGREE LEVEL 1
Students will learn fundamental skills required by every IT professional, and the basic understanding of the underlying computer system through computer architecture, operating systems, networking and databases. Some specialised modules will provide the basic knowledge of digital technologies. The modules will also help them develop personal and organisational skills, as well as nurture creativity and innovation.
- Intercultural Awareness and Cultural Diversity
- Digital Thinking and Innovation
- Mathematical Concepts for Computing
- Operating Systems & Computer Architecture
- Python Programming
- System Analysis & Design
- Introduction to Databases
- Introduction to Networking
- Fundamentals of Web Design and Development
- Introduction to C Programming
DEGREE LEVEL 2
A broader range of skills will be learnt, in which students will gain a solid grounding in the general technical aspects of digital technologies and platforms for digital business transformation. They will gain better understanding, and skills on how digital technologies and business models are radically changing competitive dynamics across industries.
- Programming for Data Analysis
- System Development Methods
- Object Oriented Development with Java
- Probability & Statistical Modeling
- System and Network Administration
- Research Methods for Computing and Technology
- Creativity & Innovation
- Integrated Business Processes with SAP ERP
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Web Applications
- Leading Digital Business Transformation
- Digital Marketing Strategy
INTERNSHIP (16 WEEKS)
Students will undertake an Internship/Industrial Training for a minimum period of 16 weeks to prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the working environment.
DEGREE LEVEL 3
Level 3 focuses on the broad theoretical foundation for understanding contemporary phenomena, provides methods and techniques for analysing the implications of digitalisation, and supports students in developing practical skills to deal with change in complex environments.
Students will make use of their previous studies and industrial experience to extend their familiarity in the field of business information technologies and to refine their personal and professional development. A final year project requires them to investigate and develop a solution for a real world finance business problem – they will demonstrate their ability to combine technical knowledge, critical thinking and analytical skills to produce a personal achievement portfolio.
- Investigations in Digital Transformation
- Project Management
- Computer Systems Management
- Cloud Infrastructure and Services
- Project in Digital Transformation
- Innovation Management and New Product Development
- Advanced Database System
- Digital Finance
- Digital Strategy and Analytics
- Digital Execution
Note: The specialism will appear only in the academic transcript.
MQA Compulsory Subjects*
- Ethnic Relations (M’sian Students)
- Islamic & Asian Civilisation (M’sian Students)
- Malaysian Studies (Int’l Students)
- Malay Communication Language (Int’l Students)
- Workplace Professional Communication Skills
- Employee & Employment Trends
(*All students are required to successfully complete these modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency)
Graduates will be prepared for a career that extends for beyond traditional positions in consulting and corporate IT Departments. As digitisation enters ever more spheres of society, the potential is there for jobs to be created for specific situations. Graduate may take up a career in :
- Business IT Analyst
- Digital Engineer
- Digital Lead
- Innovation Architect
- Business Strategies
- Digital Transformation Officer
- Digital Strategist
- Chief Innovation Officer (CIO)
- Digital Designer
- Business Transformation Analyst
- Customer Experience Transformation Lead
- Enterprise Digital Transformation Specialist
- HR Digital Transformation Lead
- Strategic IT Consultant
- Digital Finance Transformation Leader