BSc (Hons) In Information Technology
APU-DMU Dual Degree Programme
Students who are under Bachelor’s Degree Programme will have the option to opt-in for the APU-DMU Dual Degree Scheme. Under this Scheme, students will receive 2 Degree Certificates & Transcripts upon graduation: 1 from Asia Pacific University (APU), Malaysia and 1 from De Montfort University (DMU), UK.
To know more about APU-DMU Dual Scheme, please click HERE.
This programme is specifically designed to provide students with:
- Familiarity with a broad range of information technologies and how they are used.
- An understanding of frameworks and planning techniques for the strategic management of information systems in organisations.
- The ability to critically evaluate and apply appropriate strategies and techniques to the development of information technologies.
3 Years (6 Semesters)
RM 28, 200.00
RM 29, 000.00
RM 29, 800.00
RM 28, 600.00
RM 29, 700.00
RM 29, 900.00
Total: Malaysian - RM 87,000 | International - RM 88,200
• 31 May 2021
• 21 Sep 2021
Degree awarded by APU, Malaysia
|DIRECT ENTRY TO LEVEL 1 OF THE DEGREE:|
|STPM||• 2 Passes in STPM with minimum Grade C (GP 2.0) in any subject with a Credit in Mathematics at SPM.|
Overseas qualification that are equivalent to 12th Grade/A Level/HSC are accepted.
|• 2 Passes in A-Level and with a Credit in Mathematics at SPM/O-Level/IGCSE or equivalent.|
|UEC||• 5 Grade B Passes in UEC in any subjects including Mathematics.|
|• A pass in Matriculation or Foundation studies with minimum CGPA of 2.0 with a Credit in Mathematics at SPM/IGCSE/O-Level or its equivalent.|
|DIRECT ENTRY TO LEVEL 2 OF THE DEGREE:|
|ICT RELATED DIPLOMAS||• Diploma with a minimum CGPA of 2.50.
Note: Student with CGPA above 2.0 and below 2.5 may be accepted using rigorous assessment conducted by APU and subject to the approval of the Academic Board.
Any qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above.
|Bachelor (Hons) Degree Programmes||• IELTS : 5.0
• TOEFL IBT : 35-45
• Pearson (PTE) : 36
• MUET : Band 3
Please note that under Ministry of Higher Education regulations, only students who have achieved the minimum requirement in the English Language proficiency assessment as indicated above will be allowed to continue their studies in the main study programme. Students who do not have the required English Language achievement may apply for a student visa on conditional basis and are allowed to enrol in an English Language Certification programme at APU upon arrival in Malaysia and, subsequently, appear for the IELTS/TOEFL/PTE/MUET assessment.
Students who are unable to obtain the required level of English Competency during the maximum 12 months’ period, will not be allowed to pursue their studies in the main programme and will have to return to their home country.
Students from English speaking countries and those with qualifications taught in English (IGCSE, A-Levels, IB, American High School Diploma etc) are exempted from English requirements. Applications for exemption must be accompanied by supporting documents.
Note: The above entry requirements may differ for specific programmes based on the latest programme standards published by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
The qualification and entry requirements for the programmes will be determined based on the "Comparison List of Equivalency of International Qualifications with SPM (O-Levels equivalent) and STPM (A-Levels equivalent)" published by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
DEGREE LEVEL 1
Students will learn fundamental skills required by every IT professional, and the basic understanding of the underlying computer system through Computer Architecture, operating systems, networking and databases. The modules will also help them develop personal and organisational skills, as well as nurture creativity and innovation.
- Digital Thinking and Innovation
- Intercultural Awareness and Cultural Diversity
- System Analysis & Design
- Python Programming
- Mathematical Concepts for Computing
- Operating Systems & Computer Architecture
- Introduction to Networking
- Introduction to Databases
- Introduction to C Programming
- Fundamentals of Web Design and Development
DEGREE LEVEL 2
A broader range of skills will be learnt, in which students will gain a better understanding of frameworks and planning techniques for the strategic management of information systems, programming languages and techniques, and further analysis and design skills. We will further nurture their creativity and innovation as well as independent learning to prepare them for the workplace.
- Object Oriented Development with Java
- System Development Methods
- Programming for Data Analysis
- Creativity & Innovation
- Research Methods for Computing and Technology
- Mobile & Wireless Technology
- Web Applications
- Integrated Business Processes with SAP ERP Systems
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Probability & Statistical Modelling
- System & Network Administration
- Data Centre Infrastructure
INTERNSHIP (16 weeks)
Students will undertake an Internship/Industrial Training for a minimum period of 16 weeks to prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the working environment.
DEGREE LEVEL 3
Students will make use of their previous studies and industrial experience to extend their familiarity in a broad range of information technologies and to refine their personal and professional development. Students will enhance their programming skills and move further into the areas of cloud computing and big data. A final year project requires them to investigate and develop a solution for a real-world problem - they will demonstrate their ability to combine technical knowledge, critical thinking and analytical skills to produce a personal achievement portfolio.
- Innovation Management & New Product Development
- Project Management
- Mobile & Web Multimedia
- Advanced Database Systems
- Cloud Infrastructure & Services
- Computer Systems Management
- Investigations in Information Technology
- Information Technology Project
- Internet of Things: Concepts & Applications OR Distributed Computer Systems OR Blockchain Development
- Designing & Developing Applications on Cloud OR Knowledge Discovery & Big Data Analytics
MQA Compulsory Subjects*
- Ethnic Relations (M’sian Students)
- Islamic & Asian Civilisation (M’sian Students)
- Malaysian Studies (Int’l Students)
- Malay Communication Language (Int’l Students)
- Workplace Professional Communication Skills
- Employee & Employment Trends
(*All students are required to successfully complete these modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency)
- Systems Analyst
- IT Executive
- IT Consultant
- Information Systems Analyst
- Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Technical Support Manager
- IT Sales Manager
- IT Application Developer
- IT Auditor
- IT Project Manager
- IT Helpdesk Manager
- System Administrator
- Systems Consultant