BSc (Hons) in Computer Science (Cyber Security)
APU-DMU Dual Degree Programme
Students who are under Bachelor’s Degree Programme will have the option to opt-in for the APU-DMU Dual Degree Scheme. Under this Scheme, students will receive 2 Degree Certificates & Transcripts upon graduation: 1 from Asia Pacific University (APU), Malaysia and 1 from De Montfort University (DMU), UK.
To know more about APU-DMU Dual Scheme, please click HERE.
This programme is specifically designed to provide students with:
- The ability to develop technical knowledge, skills and background in the design and organisation of computer systems focusing on cyber security.
- The ability to critically evaluate design paradigms, languages, algorithms, and techniques used to develop complex software systems related to cyber security.
- The ability to evaluate and respond to opportunities for developing and exploiting new technologies and applications in cyber security.
3 Years (6 Semesters)
RM 29, 800.00
RM 30, 900.00
RM 31, 800.00
RM 29, 800.00
RM 31, 500.00
RM 32, 200.00
Total: Malaysian - RM 92,500 | International - RM 93,500
• 14 Mar 2024
• 25 Jul 2024
• 24 Sep 2024
• 21 Nov 2024
Degree awarded by APU, Malaysia
|DIRECT ENTRY TO LEVEL 1 OF THE DEGREE:|
|STPM||• 2 Passes in STPM in Science stream with minimum Grade C (GPA 2.0) in Mathematics and one Science or ICT Subject.
• 2 Passes in STPM with minimum Grade C (GP 2.0) in any subject with a credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM.
• 2 Passes in STPM with minimum Grade C (GP 2.0) in any subject with a credit in Mathematics and any one Science or ICT subjects at SPM. Candidates need to do a Pre-Requisite module in Further Mathematics or equivalent in the first semester of Degree Programme.
Overseas qualification that are equivalent to 12th Grade/ A-Level/ HSC are accepted.
|• 2 Passes in A-Level in Science stream with a Pass in Mathematics and one Science or ICT subject.
• 2 Passes in A-Level with a Credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM/IGCSE/O-Level or equivalent.
• 2 Passes in A-Level with a Credit in Mathematics and Science or ICT subjects at SPM/O-Level/IGCSE or equivalent. Candidates need to do a Pre-Requisite module in Further Mathematics or equivalent in the first semester of Degree Programme.
|UEC||• 5 Grade B Passes in UEC in any subject including Mathematics and one Science or ICT subject.
• 5 Grade B Passes in UEC in any subject including Additional Mathematics.
• 5 Grade B Passes in UEC in any subjects with Credit in Mathematics and Science or ICT Subject at SPM or equivalent. Candidates need to do a Pre-Requisite module in Further Mathematics or equivalent in the first semester of Degree Programme.
|• A pass in Matriculation or Foundation studies with minimum CGPA of 2.0 with a Credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM/IGCSE/O-Level or its equivalent.
Note : The requirement for the Additional Mathematics can be exempted if the Matriculation or Foundation offers Mathematics module which is equivalent or higher requirement than the Additional Mathematics at SPM level.
• A pass in Matriculation or Foundation studies with minimum CGPA of 2.0 and a Credit in Mathematics and Science or ICT subject at SPM/IGCSE/O-Level or its equivalent. Candidates need to do a Pre-Requisite module in Further Mathematics or equivalent in the first semester of Degree Programme.
|DIRECT ENTRY TO LEVEL 2 OF THE DEGREE:|
|ICT RELATED DIPLOMAS||
• Diploma with a minimum CGPA of 2.50.
Note: Student with CGPA above 2.0 and below 2.5 may be accepted using rigorous assessment conducted by APU and subject to the approval of the Academic Board.
Note: Students who do not have a Credit in Additional Mathematics in SPM/O-Level/IGCSE but have an acceptable achievement in Mathematics related subjects during the Foundation which may be equivalent to SPM/O-Level/IGCSE Additional Mathematics, can be accepted into Degree Programmes. Students can be given preferential entry for ICT related subject in SPM/O-Level/ IGCSE.
Any qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above.
|Bachelor (Hons) Degree Programmes||• IELTS : 5.0
• TOEFL IBT : 40
• Pearson (PTE) : 47
• MUET : Band 3.5
Please note that under Ministry of Higher Education regulations, only students who have achieved the minimum requirement in the English Language proficiency assessment as indicated above will be allowed to continue their studies in the main study programme. Students who do not have the required English Language achievement may apply for a student visa on conditional basis and are allowed to enrol in an English Language Certification programme at APU upon arrival in Malaysia and, subsequently, appear for the IELTS/TOEFL/PTE/MUET assessment.
Students who are unable to obtain the required level of English Competency during the maximum 12 months’ period, will not be allowed to pursue their studies in the main programme and will have to return to their home country.
Students from English speaking countries and those with qualifications taught in English (IGCSE, A-Levels, IB, American High School Diploma etc) are exempted from English requirements. Applications for exemption must be accompanied by supporting documents.
Note: The above entry requirements may differ for specific programmes based on the latest programme standards published by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
The qualification and entry requirements for the programmes will be determined based on the "Comparison List of Equivalency of International Qualifications with SPM (O-Levels equivalent) and STPM (A-Levels equivalent)" published by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
DEGREE LEVEL 1
Students will learn fundamental skills required by every IT professional, and the basic understanding of programming, mathematical and algorithmic skills. A sound grasp of mathematical techniques and skills in algorithmic thinking are important pre-requisites for their second and third year studies in this area. Computer architecture, operating systems, networks, databases, security and forensic technologies are the underlying platforms in cyber security. Introduction to management introduces the third key area, understanding personal and organisational development, along with independent learning and team working skills.
- Digital Thinking and Innovation
- Intercultural Awareness and Cultural Diversity
- System Analysis & Design
- Python Programming
- Mathematical Concepts for Computing
- Operating Systems & Computer Architecture
- Introduction to Networking
- Introduction to Databases
- Fundamental of Entrepreneurship
- Introduction to Security and Forensic Technologies
- Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming
- Introduction to C Programming
DEGREE LEVEL 2
A broader range of skills will be learnt, in which students will gain better understanding in Cyber Security related areas. The students should be flexible in performing a range of computing tasks using extended theories and practice related to Cyber Security. In the second year, the core modules deepen the understanding of platform technology, while specialised modules allow them to go further into system & network administration, computing theory, computer systems & low level techniques and implementation of secure systems.
- Programming for Data Analysis
- System Development Methods
- Object Oriented Development with Java
- Data Structures
- Research Methods for Computing and Technology
- Creativity & Innovation
- System & Network Administration
- Computing Theory
- Computer Systems & Low Level Techniques
- Implementation of Secure Systems
- Switching and Routing Essentials
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Web Applications
- Practical CTF Strategies
INTERNSHIP (16 weeks)
Students will undertake an Internship/Industrial Training for a minimum period of 16 weeks to prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the working environment.
DEGREE LEVEL 3
Students will draw on their previous studies and industrial experience to refine their personal and professional development in the field of computer science majoring in Cyber Security. Students will move further into Cyber Security by learning the core and specialised modules to enhance new skills and advanced knowledge on the current and future technologies. Elective modules are offered to strengthen their essential skills and knowledge. A final year project requires them to investigate and develop a solution for a real world problem. They will demonstrate the ability to combine technical knowledge, critical thinking, and analytical skills to produce personal achievement portfolio.
- Project Management
- Venture Building
- Advanced Software Security
- Advanced Cyber Security
- Vulnerability Assessment & Penetration Testing
- Deep Learning for Intrusion Detection
- Investigations in Cyber Security
- Project in Cyber Security
- Semester 1 - Choose 1
- Cloud Infrastructure & Services OR Internet of Things: Concepts & Applications
- Semester 2 - Choose 1
- Wireless & Mobile Security OR Database Security
MQA Compulsory Subjects*
- Appreciation of Ethics and Civilisation (M’sian Students)
- Malay Communication Language (Int’l Students)
- Philosophy and Current Issues
- Cyber Security Engineer/Architect
- Cyber Security Consultant/Specialist
- Cyber Security Incident Response Analyst
- Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst
- Intrusion Detection Analyst
- Cyber Threat Intelligence Advisor
- Ethical Hacker/Penetration Tester
- Secure Applications Engineer
- Information Security Analyst/Engineer
- Information Security Technical Specialist
- Software Developer
- Cyber Security Governance & Compliance Manager
- Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)