BSc (Hons) in Computer Science
APU-DMU Dual Degree Programme
Students who are under Bachelor’s Degree Programme will have the option to opt-in for the APU-DMU Dual Degree Scheme. Under this Scheme, students will receive 2 Degree Certificates & Transcripts upon graduation: 1 from Asia Pacific University (APU), Malaysia and 1 from De Montfort University (DMU), UK.
To know more about APU-DMU Dual Scheme, please click HERE.
This programme is specifically designed to provide students with:
- Technical knowledge, skills and background in the design and organisation of computer systems.
- The ability to critically evaluate design paradigms, languages, algorithms, and techniques used to develop complex software systems.
- The ability to evaluate and respond to opportunities for developing and exploiting new technologies.
3 Years (6 Semesters)
RM 28, 200.00
RM 29, 000.00
RM 29, 800.00
RM 28, 600.00
RM 29, 700.00
RM 29, 900.00
Total: Malaysian - RM 87,000 | International - RM 88,200
• 31 May 2021
• 21 Sep 2021
Degree awarded by APU, Malaysia
|DIRECT ENTRY TO LEVEL 1 OF THE DEGREE:|
|STPM||• 2 Passes in STPM in Science stream with minimum Grade C (GPA 2.0) in Mathematics and one Science or ICT Subject.
• 2 Passes in STPM with minimum Grade C (GP 2.0) in any subject with a credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM.
• 2 Passes in STPM with minimum Grade C (GP 2.0) in any subject with a credit in Mathematics and any one Science or ICT subjects at SPM. Candidates need to do a Pre-Requisite module in Further Mathematics or equivalent in the first semester of Degree Programme.
Overseas qualification that are equivalent to 12th Grade/ A-Level/ HSC are accepted.
|• 2 Passes in A-Level in Science stream with a Pass in Mathematics and one Science or ICT subject.
• 2 Passes in A-Level with a Credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM/IGCSE/O-Level or equivalent.
• 2 Passes in A-Level with a Credit in Mathematics and Science or ICT subjects at SPM/O-Level/IGCSE or equivalent. Candidates need to do a Pre-Requisite module in Further Mathematics or equivalent in the first semester of Degree Programme.
|UEC||• 5 Grade B Passes in UEC in any subject including Mathematics and one Science or ICT subject.
• 5 Grade B Passes in UEC in any subject including Additional Mathematics.
• 5 Grade B Passes in UEC in any subjects with Credit in Mathematics and Science or ICT Subject at SPM or equivalent. Candidates need to do a Pre-Requisite module in Further Mathematics or equivalent in the first semester of Degree Programme.
|• A pass in Matriculation or Foundation studies with minimum CGPA of 2.0 with a Credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM/IGCSE/O-Level or its equivalent.
Note : The requirement for the Additional Mathematics can be exempted if the Matriculation or Foundation offers Mathematics module which is equivalent or higher requirement than the Additional Mathematics at SPM level.
• A pass in Matriculation or Foundation studies with minimum CGPA of 2.0 and a Credit in Mathematics and Science or ICT subject at SPM/IGCSE/O-Level or its equivalent. Candidates need to do a Pre-Requisite module in Further Mathematics or equivalent in the first semester of Degree Programme.
|DIRECT ENTRY TO LEVEL 2 OF THE DEGREE:|
|ICT RELATED DIPLOMAS||
• Diploma with a minimum CGPA of 2.50.
Note: Student with CGPA above 2.0 and below 2.5 may be accepted using rigorous assessment conducted by APU and subject to the approval of the Academic Board.
Note: Students who do not have a Credit in Additional Mathematics in SPM/O-Level/IGCSE but have an acceptable achievement in Mathematics related subjects during the Foundation which may be equivalent to SPM/O-Level/IGCSE Additional Mathematics, can be accepted into Degree Programmes. Students can be given preferential entry for ICT related subject in SPM/O-Level/ IGCSE.
Any qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above.
|Bachelor (Hons) Degree Programmes||• IELTS : 5.0
• TOEFL IBT : 35-45
• Pearson (PTE) : 36
• MUET : Band 3
Please note that under Ministry of Higher Education regulations, only students who have achieved the minimum requirement in the English Language proficiency assessment as indicated above will be allowed to continue their studies in the main study programme. Students who do not have the required English Language achievement may apply for a student visa on conditional basis and are allowed to enrol in an English Language Certification programme at APU upon arrival in Malaysia and, subsequently, appear for the IELTS/TOEFL/PTE/MUET assessment.
Students who are unable to obtain the required level of English Competency during the maximum 12 months’ period, will not be allowed to pursue their studies in the main programme and will have to return to their home country.
Students from English speaking countries and those with qualifications taught in English (IGCSE, A-Levels, IB, American High School Diploma etc) are exempted from English requirements. Applications for exemption must be accompanied by supporting documents.
Note: The above entry requirements may differ for specific programmes based on the latest programme standards published by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
The qualification and entry requirements for the programmes will be determined based on the "Comparison List of Equivalency of International Qualifications with SPM (O-Levels equivalent) and STPM (A-Levels equivalent)" published by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
DEGREE LEVEL 1
Students will learn fundamental skills required by every IT professional, and the basic understanding of programming, mathematical and algorithmic skills. Some specialised modules will provide them basic knowledge of underlying computer systems such as computer architecture, operating systems, networking and databases. The modules will also help them develop personal and organisational skills, as well as nurture creativity and innovation.
- Digital Thinking and Innovation
- Intercultural Awareness and Cultural Diversity
- System Analysis & Design
- Python Programming
- Mathematical Concepts for Computing
- Operating Systems & Computer Architecture
- Introduction to Networking
- Introduction to Databases
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
- Introduction to C Programming
DEGREE LEVEL 2
A broader range of skills will be learnt, in which students will gain better understanding of designing and implementing new software, and solving new computing problems through theoretical and algorithmnic foundations. They will gain solid understanding of platform technology through modules in application development. We will further nurture their creativity and innovation as well as independent learning to prepare them for the workplace.
- Object Oriented Development with Java
- System Development Methods
- Programming for Data Analysis
- Creativity & Innovation
- Research Methods for Computing and Technology
- Computer Theory
- Data Structures
- Concurrent Programming
- System & Network Administration
- Computer Systems & Low Level Techniques
- Mobile & Wireless Technology OR System Programming & Computer Control
- Imaging & Special Effects OR Network Security
INTERNSHIP (16 weeks)
Students will undertake an Internship/Industrial Training for a minimum period of 16 weeks to prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the working environment.
DEGREE LEVEL 3
Students will make use of their previous studies and industrial experience to extend their familiarity in the field of computer science and to refine their personal and professional development. Students will move further into the development of advanced programming techniques and algorithms, interface design, networking, and/or multimedia. A final year project requires them to investigate and develop a solution for a real-world problem – they will demonstrate their ability to combine technical knowledge, critical thinking and analytical skills to produce a personal achievement portfolio.
- Innovation Management & New Product Development
- Project Management
- Real-Time Systems
- Emergent Technology
- HCI & Usability
- Investigations in Computer Science
- Computer Science Project
- Semester 1 - Choose 2
- Advanced Wireless Technology
- Distributed Computer Systems
- Image Processing, Computer Vision & Pattern Recognition
- Blockchain Development
- Semester 2 - Choose 1
- Designing & Developing Applications on the Cloud
- Wireless & Mobile Security
- Optimisation and Deep Learning
MQA Compulsory Subjects*
- Ethnic Relations (M’sian Students)
- Islamic & Asian Civilisation (M’sian Students)
- Malaysian Studies (Int’l Students)
- Malay Communication Language (Int’l Students)
- Workplace Professional Communication Skills
- Employee & Employment Trends
(*All students are required to successfully complete these modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency)
- Computer Engineer
- Systems Engineer
- Software Developer
- Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- IT Technical Manager
- Technical Architect
- Technical Support Manager
- IT Service Desk Manager
- Application Engineer
- Mainframe Developer
- Software Architect
- Software Quality Assurance
- Data Warehouse Manager
- Applications Development Manager
- Application Architect