BA (Hons) in International Business Management
APU-DMU DUAL DEGREE PROGRAMME
Students who are under Bachelor’s Degree Programme will have the option to opt-in for the APU-DMU Dual Degree Scheme. Under this Scheme, students will receive 2 Degree Certificates & Transcripts upon graduation: 1 from Asia Pacific University (APU), Malaysia and 1 from De Montfort University (DMU), UK.
To know more about APU-DMU Dual Scheme, please click HERE.
This programme is specifically designed to provide students with:
- An understanding of the context, nature, role and significance of management activities as undertaken by managers in a range of organisations with particular focus on the development in global business arena.
- An opportunity to develop wellresearched, logical and integrated solutions to multi-faceted problems in uncertain and dynamic global contexts.
- Vocationally relevant exposure enabling students to become operationally effective in management either domestically or internationally.
- A wide-range of employment skills such as critical thinking, problem solving and interpretive skills, effective written and oral communication, using IT in business applications, and the ability to conduct research into international business management issues.
MORE THAN JUST AN INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT DEGREE
3 Years (6 Semesters)
RM 28, 200.00
RM 29, 000.00
RM 29, 800.00
RM 28, 600.00
RM 29, 700.00
RM 29, 900.00
Total: Malaysian - RM 87,000 | International - RM 88,200
• 31 May 2021
• 21 Sep 2021
Degree awarded by APU, Malaysia
|DIRECT ENTRY TO LEVEL 1 OF THE DEGREE:|
|STPM||• 2 Passes in STPM with a minimum Grade C (GP 2.0) and a Pass in English and Mathematics at SPM Level or its equivalent.|
|A-LEVEL||• 2 Passes in A-Level with a Pass in English and Mathematics at SPM/O-Level/IGCSE or its equivalent.|
|UEC||• 5 Grade B’s in UEC with a Pass in Mathematics and English.|
|MATRICULATION/ FOUNDATION||• Passed Foundation programme (minimum CGPA of 2.0).|
|DIRECT ENTRY TO LEVEL 2 OF THE DEGREE:|
|DIPLOMA||• Successful completion of the APU/APIIT Diploma or
• Successful completion of studies in another recognised institute with academic credits equivalent to Level 1 of an Honours Degree (Subject to the approval of the APU/APIIT Academic Board)
* The requirement to pass Mathematics and English subjects at STPM, A-Level and UEC can be waived should the qualifications contain Mathematics and English subjects with equivalent/higher achievement.
||• IELTS : 5.5
• TOEFL IBT : 46-59
• Pearson (PTE) : 42
• MUET : Band 4
Please note that under Ministry of Higher Education regulations, only students who have achieved the minimum requirement in the English Language proficiency assessment as indicated above will be allowed to continue their studies in the main study programme. Students who do not have the required English Language achievement may apply for a student visa on conditional basis and are allowed to enrol in an English Language Certification programme at APU upon arrival in Malaysia and, subsequently, appear for the IELTS/TOEFL/PTE/MUET assessment.
Students who are unable to obtain the required level of English Competency during the maximum 12 months’ period, will not be allowed to pursue their studies in the main programme and will have to return to their home country.
Students from English speaking countries and those with qualifications taught in English (IGCSE, A-Levels, IB, American High School Diploma etc) are exempted from English requirements. Applications for exemption must be accompanied by supporting documents.
Note: The above entry requirements may differ for specific programmes based on the latest programme standards published by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
The qualification and entry requirements for the programmes will be determined based on the "Comparison List of Equivalency of International Qualifications with SPM (O-Levels equivalent) and STPM (A-Levels equivalent)" published by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
DEGREE LEVEL 1
Students will learn fundamental skills required by every business management professional, and the basic understanding of the context within which business operate – Management, Law, Accounting, Economics, Entrepreneurship, Marketing, People Management and Accounting. We will also expose you towards business & communication skills, computing & IT skills and quantitative skills, independent learning. All Business Management programmes have a common first year so that they will get a solid grounding in business management theories and practices.
- Introduction to Management
- Accounting Skills
- Business and Communications Skills
- Business Economics
- Business Law
- Digital Thinking and Innovation
- Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship
- People Management
- Quantitative Skills
DEGREE LEVEL 2
A broader range of skills will be learnt, in which students will gain better understanding of functional management and international business management, such as international culture & communications, operations management, employee development etc. They will gain further understanding of core business processes through the industryleading software supported by SAP. We will further nurture their independent learning to prepare them for the workplace and for further researches.
- Behavioural Science in the Organisation
- Business Ethics and Governance
- Business Research Methods
- Delivering Customer Value
- Enterprise Resource Planning with SAP Platform
- Managing Finance
- Commercial Law
- International Business
- International Culture & Communications
- Operations Management
- E-Business Management OR Interactive Marketing
- Critical Thinking in Management OR Regulatory Policy for Investment Markets
INTERNSHIP (16 WEEKS)
Students will undertake an Internship / Industrial Training for a minimum period of 16 weeks to prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the working environment.
DEGREE LEVEL 3
Students will make use of their previous studies and industrial experience to extend their familiarity in tackling more practical and modern issues of business management and managing for enterprise performance and problem solving that are focused on the international context, with aims to groom them as an international business leader. A final year project requires them to explore a topic individually – they will demonstrate their academic and practical aspects of their ability in the chosen area of study.
- Strategic Management
- Asian Economics
- Global Marketing
- International Business Management Project
- International Human Resource Management
- International Strategic Management
- Investigations in International Business Management
- Leadership Theory and Practice
- Managing International Supply Chains
- Corporate Finance OR Global Finance
- Managing People and Performance OR International Banking & Investment Management
MQA Compulsory Subjects*
- Ethnic Relations (M’sian Students)
- Islamic & Asian Civilisation (M’sian Students)
- Malaysian Studies (Int’l Students)
- Malay Communication Language (Int’l Students)
- Workplace Professional Communication Skills
- Employee & Employment Trends
(*All students are required to successfully complete these modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency)
- Corporate Strategist
- Global Purchasing Manager
- Global Retail Manager
- International Marketing Manager
- International Operations Manager
- Global Marketing Specialist
- Global Growth Manager
- Business Development Manager
- Logistic and Supply Chain Manager
- International Relations Manager
- Sales and Marketing Manager
- International Business Consultant
- Business Research Analyst
The Malaysian Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (MAISCA)
APU degrees enable graduates to satisfy educational requirements of professional registration. Upon successful completion of Bachelor Degrees in Business Management, Human Resource Management and International Business Management, students are eligible for 9-10 subjects (out of 16 subjects) exemption from the MAICSA Professional Diploma in Corporate Administration (PDCA) and MAICSA International Qualifying Scheme (IQS). The Malaysian Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (MAICSA) was founded in 1959 as an affiliated body to The Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA) in the United Kingdom. It is now one of the nine Divisions of ICSA worldwide, having achieved a Division status in 2001. Malaysian Government has gazetted MAICSA as a prescribed body under Section 139(A) of the Companies Act 1965, which means that Associate and Fellow members of MAICSA can automatically act as company secretaries without having to apply for a licence from the Companies Commission of Malaysia (CCM).
Malaysian Association of Company Secretaries (MACS)
In addition, upon successful completion of BA (Hons) in Business Management, BA (Hons) in International Business Management and BA (Hons) in Human Resource Management, graduates are eligible for 10 papers (out of 16 papers) exemptions from Malaysian Association of Company Secretaries’ Professional Examination. Malaysian Association of Company Secretaries (MACS) is an independent, self-regulating local professional body established and registered under the Societies Act 1966 on the 30th November 1989 and has been an approved body under Fourth Schedule of the Companies Act, 2016. Fellows and full members of the Association are qualified to practise as Certified Company Secretaries.
Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
Upon successful completion of BA (Hons) in Business Management and BA (Hons) in International Business Management, graduates are entitled to a 4-paper exemption out of 16 papers from Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA). CIMA is the world’s largest professional body of management accountants. Its unique blend of management accounting, financial accounting and business-focused subjects produces competent and confident Chartered Global Management Accountant who can lead their organisations to sustainable success.
Upon completion of BA (Hons) in International Business Management, students are eligible for exemptions in the below Professional Recognition of APU Degree Programmes.
MAICSA - 10 papers exemptions out of 16 papers
MACS - 10 papers exemptions out of 16 papers
CIMA - 4 papers exemptions out of 16 papers
The Future is Technology - Every Business needs Future-Ready Digital Talents for the Digital Economy
As the 4th Industrial Revolution (IR4.0) takes over the world, we are seeing an upward trend of the amalgamation of Digital Technology with Business. As businesses infuse digital technology within their operations, Digital Transformation elevates customer experience, and transforms business models and operating models within the organisation.
|“Every Business is Becoming a Technology Business”
- Manju Bansal - Digitalist Magazine - 2018
|"By 2025, the total number of digital skills required by workers to perform their jobs is projected to increase over 6 times – from one billion skills today to 6.8 billion skills."
- APAC Digital Skills Index - 2020
|“As digital technologies become more prevalent, the digital economy will become the foundation of the modern economy. Accelerating the digital economy is no longer an option but crucial for Malaysia.”
- Malaysia Digital Economy Blueprint - 2021
|“The digital economy is expected to continue its significant contribution to the country this year, based on an estimated 19.1 per cent contribution to the GDP in 2019 by the Department of Statistics Malaysia, following a forecast of 6.7 per cent economic growth for 2021 by the World Bank. With the launch of MyDIGITAL, the expected contributions from the digital economy towards the GDP is an estimated 22.6 per cent by 2025.”
- Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC) - 2021
For businesses to remain resilient and competitive, they need to innovate, adopt Digital Products, Digital Solutions, have a Digital Growth Strategy, use technology for expansion and growth, as well as equip their workforce with the necessary skill sets to embrace widespread transformation and digital revolution in this Digital Age. The role of “Technology in Business” is vital and technology has challenged and changed every aspect of the way businesses operate at a fast pace. Rapid globalisation has been possible because of technology. Anyone can now do business anywhere in the world with use of high-speed internet, connectivity and presence of well-connected social media. Technology has boosted the development of E-Business, E-Commerce & Digital Marketing and it has brought new dynamics to the globalisation of businesses.
RISE OF E-COMMERCE – BUYING & SELLING WITHOUT BORDERS
As the global pandemic disrupted the world, internet shopping platforms became the dominant channel for consumers to shop for essential goods and services. It is forecasted that e-business and e-commerce will sustain this upward trend and continue to grow. As future e-business professionals, you will be trained to manage business beyond traditional borders, shaping you into professionals who are able to meet future business challenges.