BA (Hons) in Business Management with a specialism in Digital Leadership
APU-DMU DUAL DEGREE PROGRAMME
Students who are under Bachelor’s Degree Programme will have the option to opt-in for the APU-DMU Dual Degree Scheme. Under this Scheme, students will receive 2 Degree Certificates & Transcripts upon graduation: 1 from Asia Pacific University (APU), Malaysia and 1 from De Montfort University (DMU), UK.
To know more about APU-DMU Dual Scheme, please click HERE.
This programme is specifically designed to provide:
- A broad range of digital technologies, knowledge and skills for digital business transformation and nurture digital leaders or e-entrepreneurs for the future economic.
- Necessary knowledge and contents on the most in-demand skills in digital leadership, namely digital transformation, digital marketing, digital execution, digital finance.
MORE THAN JUST A BUSINESS MANAGEMENT DEGREE
PU's BA (Hons) in Business Management with a specialism in Digital Leadership degree is designed to provide you an edge with the latest technologies that are in line with the Industrial Revolution 4.0.
3 Years (6 Semesters)
RM 28, 200.00
RM 29, 000.00
RM 29, 800.00
RM 28, 600.00
RM 29, 700.00
RM 29, 900.00
Total: Malaysian - RM 87,000 | International - RM 88,200
• 31 May 2021
• 21 Sep 2021
Degree awarded by APU, Malaysia
|DIRECT ENTRY TO LEVEL 1 OF THE DEGREE:|
|STPM||• 2 Passes in STPM with a minimum Grade C (GP 2.0) and a Pass in English and Mathematics at SPM Level or its equivalent.|
|A-LEVEL||• 2 Passes in A-Level with a Pass in English and Mathematics at SPM/ O-Level/ IGCSE or its equivalent.|
|UEC||• 5 Grade B’s in UEC with a Pass in Mathematics and English.|
|MATRICULATION/ FOUNDATION||• Passed Foundation programme (minimum CGPA of 2.0).|
|DIRECT ENTRY TO LEVEL 2 OF THE DEGREE:|
|DIPLOMA||• Successful completion of the APU/APIIT Diploma or
• Successful completion of studies in another recognised institute with academic credits equivalent to Level 1 of an Honours Degree (Subject to the approval of the APU/APIIT Academic Board)
* The requirement to pass Mathematics and English subjects at STPM, A-Level and UEC can be waived should the qualifications contain Mathematics and English subjects with equivalent/higher achievement.
||• IELTS : 5.5
• TOEFL IBT : 46-59
• Pearson (PTE) : 42
• MUET : Band 4
Note: The above entry requirements may differ for specific programmes based on the latest programme standards published by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
The qualification and entry requirements for the programmes will be determined based on the "Comparison List of Equivalency of International Qualifications with SPM (O-Levels equivalent) and STPM (A-Levels equivalent)" published by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
DEGREE LEVEL 1
Students will gain basic understanding of the context within which business operate - Management, Law, Accounting, Economics, Entrepreneurship, and Marketing. We will also expose them towards business & communication skills, computing & IT skills, quantitative skills, and independent learning. All Business Management programmes have a common first year so that they will get a solid grounding in business management theories and practices.
- Introduction to Management
- Digital Thinking and Innovation
- Quantitative Skills
- Business and Communication Skills
- Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship
- People Management
- Accounting Skills
- Business Law
- Business Economics
DEGREE LEVEL 2
Students will be exposed to more advanced level of curriculum, in which students will gain deep insight and skills on how digital technologies and business models are radically changing competitive dynamics across industries. In-depth understanding in functional management in various areas will be developed as well. They will gain further understanding of core business processes through the industry leading software supported by SAP. We will further nurture their independent learning to prepare them for the future digital workplace.
- Behavioural Science in the Organisation
- Business Ethics and Governance
- Operations Management
- Business Research Methods
- Enterprise Resource Planning with SAP Platform
- E-Business Management
- Leading Digital Business Transformation
- Digital Marketing
- Critical Thinking in Management
- Managing Finance OR Financial Management
- Commercial Law OR Company Law
INTERNSHIP (16 WEEKS)
Students will undertake an Internship / Industrial Training for a minimum period of 16 weeks to prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the working environment.
DEGREE LEVEL 3
Students will make use of their previous studies and industrial experience to extend their familiarity in tackling practical and current issues of digitalisation in business world. Students will gain solid understanding on the contemporary phenomena of digitalisation, mechanisms for analysing the implications of digitalisation, and the solutions to deal with change in complex environment. A final year project requires them to explore a topic individually in which they will demonstrate their academic and practical aspects of their ability in the chosen area of study.
- Strategic Management
- Asian Economics
- Contemporary Management
- Digital Finance
- Digital Strategy and Analytics
- Investigation in Digital Leadership
- Digital Execution
- Digital Leadership Project
- Corporate Finance OR Building Customer Relationship
- Strategic Marketing Planning OR Innovation Management and New Product Development
Note: The specialism will appear only in the academic transcript.
MQA Compulsory Subjects*
- Ethnic Relations (M’sian Students)
- Islamic & Asian Civilisation (M’sian Students)
- Malaysian Studies (Int’l Students)
- Malay Communication Language (Int’l Students)
- Workplace Professional Communication Skills
- Employee & Employment Trends
(*All students are required to successfully complete these modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency)
- Digital Lead
- Business IT Analyst
- Digital Transformation Manager
- Digital Strategist
- Digital Technology Consultant
- Digital Designer
- Digital Solutions Leader
- Digital Media Specialist
- Digital Strategy Manager
- Digital Strategist
- Chief Digital Officer
The Future is Technology - Every Business needs Future-Ready Digital Talents for the Digital Economy
As the 4th Industrial Revolution (IR4.0) takes over the world, we are seeing an upward trend of the amalgamation of Digital Technology with Business. As businesses infuse digital technology within their operations, Digital Transformation elevates customer experience, and transforms business models and operating models within the organisation.
|“Every Business is Becoming a Technology Business”
- Manju Bansal - Digitalist Magazine - 2018
|"By 2025, the total number of digital skills required by workers to perform their jobs is projected to increase over 6 times – from one billion skills today to 6.8 billion skills."
- APAC Digital Skills Index - 2020
|“As digital technologies become more prevalent, the digital economy will become the foundation of the modern economy. Accelerating the digital economy is no longer an option but crucial for Malaysia.”
- Malaysia Digital Economy Blueprint - 2021
|“The digital economy is expected to continue its significant contribution to the country this year, based on an estimated 19.1 per cent contribution to the GDP in 2019 by the Department of Statistics Malaysia, following a forecast of 6.7 per cent economic growth for 2021 by the World Bank. With the launch of MyDIGITAL, the expected contributions from the digital economy towards the GDP is an estimated 22.6 per cent by 2025.”
- Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC) - 2021
For businesses to remain resilient and competitive, they need to innovate, adopt Digital Products, Digital Solutions, have a Digital Growth Strategy, use technology for expansion and growth, as well as equip their workforce with the necessary skill sets to embrace widespread transformation and digital revolution in this Digital Age. The role of “Technology in Business” is vital and technology has challenged and changed every aspect of the way businesses operate at a fast pace. Rapid globalisation has been possible because of technology. Anyone can now do business anywhere in the world with use of high-speed internet, connectivity and presence of well-connected social media. Technology has boosted the development of E-Business, E-Commerce & Digital Marketing and it has brought new dynamics to the globalisation of businesses.
RISE OF E-COMMERCE – BUYING & SELLING WITHOUT BORDERS
As the global pandemic disrupted the world, internet shopping platforms became the dominant channel for consumers to shop for essential goods and services. It is forecasted that e-business and e-commerce will sustain this upward trend and continue to grow. As future e-business professionals, you will be trained to manage business beyond traditional borders, shaping you into professionals who are able to meet future business challenges.