APU eSports Malaysia Academy Skills Certificate in League of Legends
Learning Objectives & Outcomes
- Develop essential skills required in competitive gaming of the subject matter and learning about the esports ecosystem.
- Build, understand, strengthen game knowledge and introduce esports ecosystem.
- Improve individual play styles and acquiring the right skills to become pro gaming athlete.
- Train and maintaining game senses, reflexes and strategies.
- Develop understanding of team dynamics, effective teamwork, sportsmanship, positive play ethics and game winning conditions.
- Develop a range of soft skills such as discipline, leadership, perseverance, critical thinking, decision-making, problem- solving, communication and others.
General Requirements & Expectations
- The minimum age requirement for admission is 12 years old & above.
- Parents’ approval is required for applicants who are below 18 years old.
- Fulfills minimum Game Requirement in the courses applied.
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Passionate in professional games
- Self-driven and independent
- Willing to learn
- Willing to work in a group
- Willing to receive constructive feedback & criticism
- Able to practice regularly
- Keen to participate in eSports tournaments
GAME REQUIREMENTS - LEAGUE of LEGENDS (LOL)
Course Structure & Duration
Duration: 16 weeks – 64 hours class (Classes are held on every Saturday, except for Public Holidays). The semester consists of:
|Game Time (Lessons)||6 weeks|
|Panic Room (Continuous Assessments through Activities, no Examinations)||6 weeks|
|2 to 4 Mystery Mayhem sessions (Out-of-Class Activities / Talks / Workshops / Seminars by Prominent Industry Players)
eSports Career Advising and Pathway Guidance
Thaneesh Ganesan A.K.A Nash
Manager, APU eSports Malaysia Academy
Expertise: Education Management, Coaches Trainer, Mental Coach, Counsellor, Esports Team Management & Strategic Planning, Retired DOTA 2 Coach (Strategy and Game play).
Thaneesh Ganesan A.K.A Nash or Invasion-Nash is a pioneer veteran DOTA / DOTA 2 player, Caster and Coach in Malaysia. He is the founde, coach, acting manager and captain of the team Invasion Red which developed to become Invasion E-Sports which went on to qualify to The Internationals for DOTA 2. Throughout his career Nash has worked with many well-known DOTA 2 players such as Chuan, Mushi, Ohaiyo, KyXy Adam, Winter and many others. He has collected numerous local and SEA titles during his time as a Professional Esports Athlete. Soon after he graduated with his Marketing Degree Nash retired as a professional gamer to pursue his career.
In 2017 Nash re-established his career in esports as an Adjunct Lecturer/coach with APU eSports Malaysia Academy. He acted as coach, advisor and mentor to several DOTA/DOTA 2 players, teams and organisation behind the scene such as Team UDMN, Team 5IVE and Team DOTAHERO. Nash has more than 12 years’ experience in esports.
As a Marketing major Nash has an excellent career run in Education Management as the Programs Manager for the whole Malaysia operations for an American University here in Malaysia working with renown local private universities like SEGI, HELP and currently with APU.
Master Ramsay “KLH Bipolar” Devaraj
Bipolar started League of Legends at the end of Season 3. Starting professional gaming in 2014 was no easy task as Bipolar had to balance being on his school football team and being a straight A student. By the end of 2014 he had made his mark on the Malaysian scene by taking down Kuala Lumpur Hunters (KLH) in the 2014 Winter TLC. Following this, Bipolar went to North America and was on the University of British Columbia (UBC) collegiate roster which is no small feat considering that UBC had proven they were the best collegiate level team in the world just the previous year. In his first year at UBC, Bipolar assisted UBC to their second North American collegiate championship in a row netting him a full scholarship from Riot Games for his first year at UBC. During his 2016 summer break, Bipolar started helping Kuala Lumpur Hunters as a coach/analyst and decided to stay for a year to help Malaysian eSports grow. Now, he is taking another year out of university to play and help KLH and APU eSports Malaysia Academy.
- 1st 2017 Spring TLC
- 3rd/4th Place 2017 GPL Spring
- 1st 2016 Summer TLC (Analyst)
- 3rd/4th Place 2016 GPL Summer (Coach)
- 1st 2016 North American Collegiate Championship
- 1st 2015 North American Collegiate Championship
- 1st 2014 Winter TLC Malaysia
Master Yap “FDG ScoutJLY” Yuien Feng
ScoutJLY is a former Fire Dragoon player who is also an esports influencer. He has coached APU LoL team as well as APU Esports Malaysia Academy (AEM) LoL team. Yap has lead the AEM team to World University Cyber Games (WUCG) 2017 which was held in China and Korea to represent Malaysia. His in depth knowledge and understanding of the game has brought him many titles and lead to successful mentoring of players.
- Top laner for KBAT (Champion of Siapa Cepat Dia Dapat Online Battle 2014)
- Top laner for Tsundere Gaming (2nd Runner Up in Mineski Syndicate Cup)
- Top laner for TITANIUMTRIVIA 1ST, TT1 (8th Seed in Malaysia Summer TLC 2015)
- Sub Top laner/Sub Support for Sanguine Wolves, SW in Malaysia TLC Winter Series 2015
- Top laner for Tsundere Gaming (Champion of ASUS Republic of Gamers Cup Qualifier)
- Top laner for Team 123 (Champion of Selangor Cyber Games 2016 Kuala Lumpur Qualifier)
- Top laner for Team 123 (1st Runner Up of Selangor Cyber Games 2016)
Master Tang "Kurai Sienz" Wai Xian
Coach for League Of Legends with 5 years of experience. Worked alongside with current Head Coaches of 1907 Fenerbahçe Esports and VivoKeyd, Jordan Grey and Luqman Abdullah respectively. Being a psychology major Kurai excels in personality coaching for teams and players. He was also the analyst for Team Fire Dragoon, responsible on helping the team analyse the current patches and competitive meta, as well as reviewing their games and explaining strategic directions.
- Total Mastery Score: 492
- 2nd Runner Up for Inter CC 2015 for Team Mineski Tsundere Gaming
- 1st of Weekend Cup Pro October 2015
- 1st of Weekend Cup Pro 2 March 2016
- 1st Runner Up for MYCL 2016
- 1st Runner up for SPC 2 Summer 2016
- 1Gamer of the Week 2 for GAMERMALAYA Month of May 2016
- 1st Runner Up for Novice Cup 2017
- Top 16 in SPC 2017
- TLC Malaysia 2017 Qualifier
- Peaked Challenger I 250LP
- Coach for APU LoL Team (1st Runner up for MYCL 2017 Season 1)
Course Registration & Completion Pathways
|FEES||PUBLIC||SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS|
|One-Time Enrolment Fee (Payable upon enrolment)||RM 90||RM 50|
|Beginner Level Course Fee||RM 1,200|
|Intermediate Level Course Fee||RM 1,380|
|Advanced Level Course Fee||RM 1,500|
*Note: Fees above are exclusive of deposits and miscellaneous fees.