APU eSports Malaysia Academy Skills Certificate in DOTA 2
Learning Objectives & Outcomes
- Develop essential skills required in competitive gaming of the subject matter and learning about the esports ecosystem.
- Build, understand, strengthen game knowledge and introduce esports ecosystem.
- Improve individual play styles and acquiring the right skills to become pro gaming athlete.
- Train and maintaining game senses, reflexes and strategies.
- Develop understanding of team dynamics, effective teamwork, sportsmanship, positive play ethics and game winning conditions.
- Develop a range of soft skills such as discipline, leadership, perseverance, critical thinking, decision-making, problem- solving, communication and others.
General Requirements & Expectations
- The minimum age requirement for admission is 12 years old & above.
- Parents’ approval is required for applicants who are below 18 years old.
- Fulfills minimum Game Requirement in the courses applied.
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Passionate in professional games
- Self-driven and independent
- Willing to learn
- Willing to work in a group
- Willing to receive constructive feedback & criticism
- Able to practice regularly
- Keen to participate in eSports tournaments
GAME REQUIREMENTS - DEFENSE OF THE ANCIENTS (DOTA2)
* MMR - Match Making Rank
Course Structure & Duration
Duration: 16 weeks – 64 hours class (Classes are held on every Saturday, except for Public Holidays). The semester consists of:
|Game Time (Lessons)||6 weeks|
|Panic Room (Continuous Assessments through Activities, no Examinations)||6 weeks|
|2 to 4 Mystery Mayhem sessions (Out-of-Class Activities / Talks / Workshops / Seminars by Prominent Industry Players)
eSports Career Advising and Pathway Guidance
Thaneesh Ganesan A.K.A Nash
Manager, APU eSports Malaysia Academy
Expertise: Education Management, Coaches Trainer, Mental Coach, Counsellor, Esports Team Management & Strategic Planning, Retired DOTA 2 Coach (Strategy and Game play).
Thaneesh Ganesan A.K.A Nash or Invasion-Nash is a pioneer veteran DOTA / DOTA 2 player, Caster and Coach in Malaysia. He is the founde, coach, acting manager and captain of the team Invasion Red which developed to become Invasion E-Sports which went on to qualify to The Internationals for DOTA 2. Throughout his career Nash has worked with many well-known DOTA 2 players such as Chuan, Mushi, Ohaiyo, KyXy Adam, Winter and many others. He has collected numerous local and SEA titles during his time as a Professional Esports Athlete. Soon after he graduated with his Marketing Degree Nash retired as a professional gamer to pursue his career.
In 2017 Nash re-established his career in esports as an Adjunct Lecturer/coach with APU eSports Malaysia Academy. He acted as coach, advisor and mentor to several DOTA/DOTA 2 players, teams and organisation behind the scene such as Team UDMN, Team 5IVE and Team DOTAHERO. Nash has more than 12 years’ experience in esports.
As a Marketing major Nash has an excellent career run in Education Management as the Programs Manager for the whole Malaysia operations for an American University here in Malaysia working with renown local private universities like SEGI, HELP and currently with APU.
Master Jason “Jny” Siew
Jason is an actuarial science major who is also the former Team Captain of the Professional DOTA 2 team Underminer. He is a versatile player with good leadership skills who has played as position 3 & 4 during his career peak and has more than 10 years of DOTA 2 experience. As a veteran and also a coach Jny has several top achievements in DOTA 2 in Malaysia.
- 1st Runner Up Invasion Cup Grand Final
- Top 4 Tinge Cup
- 4th Hotlink Youth Cup
- 1st Runner Up Pesta Selangor
- 1st FA Season Cup 5
- Top 4 ESL SEA main Qualifier
- 1st Runner Up Corsair Cup#3
- MPGL Malaysia Representive
- Joindota Division 1
- 1st Tinge 2015
- 2nd Runner Up Cyberfusion
2011 - 2014
- 1st SMM Pahang Qualifier
- 1st SMM Johor Qualifier
- 1st Cybercup
- 1st Etec Dota Championship
- 1st Sino Dota 2 championship
- Top 8 SMM Grand Final
Master Tan “DJOON” Eng Joon
DJOON is a up and rising DOTA 2 player with 6 years of competitive experience. He was the Team captain of the Professional DOTA 2 team, Team 5ive. He has also coached Team DOTA HERO and has extended his professional knowledge as a team analyst for the infamous Team WG Unity as well. As a pure support player DJOON has acquired many local titles in major tournaments in Malaysia such as Malaysia Cyber Games, ACER Infinity cup, Selangor Cyber Games and many more all within the year 2017. He eyes for game analysis and strategy change makes him a great coach.
Course Registration & Completion Pathways
|FEES||PUBLIC||SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS|
|One-Time Enrolment Fee (Payable upon enrolment)||RM 90||RM 50|
|Beginner Level Course Fee||RM 1,200|
|Intermediate Level Course Fee||RM 1,380|
|Advanced Level Course Fee||RM 1,500|
*Note: Fees above are exclusive of deposits and miscellaneous fees.