The AMMA Foundation was established as a Company by guarantee and not having share capital in 1980. Its principal objective is to assist needy Malaysians to pursue their studies at approved institutions of higher learning in Malaysia. The Foundation is a not for profit charitable organization with tax-exempt status that offers study loan to talented and deserving students who are financially challenged.
In order to apply for AMMA Foundation loan, the student has to meet the following criteria:
- Malaysia citizen
- Full-time Diploma/Degree courses
- Local universities and colleges only
- To retain the loans, candidates must ensure they pass all examinations and maintain a CGPA of at least 2.75 and above each year.
The loan amount varies according to the courses:
- Degree courses: RM4,500 per semester per year (maximum: RM27,000)
- Diploma courses: RM3,500 per semester per year (maximum: RM21,000)