Master of Accounting
APU-DMU Dual Degree Programme
Students who are under Masters Degree Programme will have the option to opt-in for the APU-DMU Dual Degree Scheme. Under this Scheme, students will receive 2 Degree Certificates & Transcripts upon graduation: 1 from Asia Pacific University (APU), Malaysia and 1 from De Montfort University (DMU), UK.
To know more about APU-DMU Dual Scheme, please click HERE.
This programme is specifically designed to provide:
- Exposure towards both financial and managerial aspects of accounting.
- Knowledge of current and latest practices and principles of accounting.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting concepts and standard procedures.
- Exposures towards professionalism and ethical standards needed to execute accountabilities and responsibilities in evaluation and decision making.
Click HERE for more information on APU Masters Degree Scholarship
RM 36, 800.00
Total: Malaysian - RM 29,500 | International - RM 36,800
• 06 Dec 2021
* Only available in full-time study mode
Asia Pacific University, Malaysia
|• Bachelor’s degree with minimum CGPA of 2.75 out of 4.00, or its equivalent qualification as acceptable by the Senate.
• Bachelor’s degree with CGPA below 2.50 out of 4.00, or its equivalent qualification can be accepted with minimum 5 years relevant working experience in related field.
• Relevant professional accounting qualifications equivalent to a bachelor’s degree as accepted by the Senate.
|INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS||• IELTS 5.5|
Students who are unable to obtain the required level of English Competency during the maximum 12 months’ period, will not be allowed to pursue their studies in the main programme and will have to return to their home country.
Note: The above entry requirements may differ for specific programmes based on the latest programme standards published by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
The modules of this programme will provide the knowledge and analytical skills to explore and explain the principles and practices of accounting.
- Quantitative Methods for Decision Making
- Managerial Finance
- Management Accounting for Decision Making
- Management Control and Audit
- Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Forensic Accounting and Fraud Examination
- Accounting Information Systems
- Research Methodology
- Ethical Obligation in Accounting
- Accounting for Islamic Financial Institutions
- Business Law
On successful completion of this programme, you will be able to :
- Demonstrate a coherent and advanced understanding of the concepts, principles of accounting, its applications and financial workings, and also the application of such understanding in using those financial assets to the real world of business and investment.
- Describe and comment on advanced scholarship in accounting and finance and critically evaluate arguments and assumptions to make judgments.
- Demonstrate the ability to recognize and appropriately respond to ethical issues in the practice of accounting by incorporating appropriate professional codes of conduct and social responsibility.
- Use oral, written and electronic communication to elicit information, to explain, debate and present complex arguments, knowledge and rationale to different audiences and circumstances.
- Gather, interpret, evaluate, analyze and apply relevant professional standards to complex accounting-related issues, and come to wellreasoned conclusions.
- Demonstrate a commitment to life-long learning and professional development by reading and critically appraise management theory.
This programme is specially designed for enhancing the current group of accounting graduates or practitioners who may need to further advance, improve their fundamental understanding of the accounting profession and the market needs from the academia perspective. It is a process of preparation as well as upgrading their skills.
- Accounts Manager
- Inventory Manager
- Credit Controller
- Audit Manager
- Financial Analyst
- Tax Consultant
- Payroll Manager
- Compliance Manager
- Budget Analyst
- Senior Risk Analyst
- Audit Consultant
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO)